The self-build industry has grown enormously in recent years and the opportunity to build your own dream home can be a reality with the right finance in place. Self-build mortgage products can be used for barn conversions, large renovation projects or a ground-up self-build/development.
A self-build mortgage has many advantages which mean a growing number of people are taking the decision to self-build rather than buy an existing property. These include:
Reasons to build your own home
- Reduced or no stamp duty
- The opportunity to design your dream home to your own specification
- Not having to pay developers’ profit margins
- To be mortgage-free faster, even with moderate savings, compared to buying an existing property
We can help you to achieve this by:
- Arranging finance and providing support from the time you purchase a plot of land, right through to the completion of your self-build
- Where required, we can arrange a remortgage on the completed building, transitioning you to the best property finance for your self-build home
- We can advise on ways to raise finance, such as a bridging loan, secured loan or commercial mortgage
Our First-hand self-build experience
At NM Finance, we have first-hand experience of financing and developing a self-build project and can advise on a comprehensive range of finance products to match your needs. Self-build properties can dramatically increase in value once completed, and if a property is your main residence for six months or longer you may be able to sell it at a profit, tax-free.
We work with flexible lenders who are able to offer up to 80 per cent of the purchase price of the land you wish to build on, along with the full build costs of the project’s construction.
Whether you want to develop your first self-build home or have the expertise as a developer but need funding we can help you to find the right self-build mortgage.
Get in touch
Please fill in the form below and one of our team will call you back with in 24 hours.